Taylor Brown Apothecary, a brand built on the shoulders of two great fathers
Dr. Ivory Lee Taylor’s father emphasized the importance of learning and listening to detail. As a builder of high-quality antebellum homes and custom-made cabinets, his unique brand became inculcated into his customers’ personal lifestyles. His brand stood for superior craftsmanship, top-quality materials, design details, inclusion of culture, and advanced structural techniques, all enveloped in ingenuity and honesty.
As a pharmacist and dentist, Dr. Joyce Renee Brown’s father instilled in his daughter the understanding that caring and excellent communication were as important as the treatment of any medical or health problem.
Dr. Ivory Lee Taylor and Dr. Joyce Renee Brown, co-owners of Taylor Brown Apothecary, convey these fundamental practices in the competitive marketplace as a high-end, luxury topical–bespoke apothecary. Dr. Taylor and Dr. Brown are seizing the opportunity to showcase their brand and products as a way to build personal lifestyles of self-awareness, emphasizing, “Your Health – Your Life.”
Dr. Taylor honorably served in the military for 20 years with half of those years living in Europe. He has been an entrepreneur for more than 17 years. Through this experience, “Your Health – Your Life” became a personal lifestyle expectation and focus. Credit is extended to Dr. Brown concept creator of “Your Health – Your Life” during her 35-year career as a pharmacist and bespoke compounder.
The Taylor Brown Apothecary brand was founded in 2003 as a brick-and-mortar prescription retailer and compounding pharmacy in Memphis, Tennessee. It is now a high-end topical–bespoke apothecary brand on a digital platform. The products line delivers an effective skin care result and a luxury experience without compromising your health.
Their Promise: To help you discover a personal lifestyle of passion, expectation, and a trusting relationship by offering herbal oil, ointment and anti-aging topical-bespoke products to serve your skin’s wellness needs in every way.
Dr. Ivory L. Taylor
Chairman/Adviser to the Board
EdD Arkansas State University
Dr. Joyce R. Brown
CEO/Chief of Development
PharmD, Xavier University of Louisiana
Dr. James Payne
Branding and Marketing Strategy Coach
EdD, University of Kansas
The Carter Malone Group
Social Media and Digital Agency
About Dr. Joyce Renee Brown
- Doctor of Pharmacy: Xavier University College of Pharmacy, New Orleans
- Bachelor of Science: Pharmacy from Xavier University College of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science: Chemistry from Xavier University of Louisiana
Professional Compounding Centers of America a (PCCA); American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP); Mississippi Small Business Development Center; System Award Management; NAACP and Brown Baptist Church
“Business Community Service” by the City of Memphis, TN (2008); “Top Women of Excellence” by the Tri-State Defender Newspaper, Memphis, TN (2009); “Company of the Year” by the Black Business Association (2010); and “Rising Star Company of the Year” by the State of Tennessee (2010)
Author: Apothecary Compounding Laboratory; and Prescription Topical Compounding
Executive Leadership and Management Positions:
- Clinical/Verification Pharmacist for Enclara Pharmacia
- Chief Medical Officer for Taylor Brown Apothecary
- CEO of Apothecary Compounding Lab
- Pharmacy Manager for Walgreens
About Dr. Ivory Lee Taylor
Honorably served in the military for 20 years and an entrepreneur for more than 17 years
- Doctor of Education Leadership, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
- Master of Arts and Master of Education, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- Bachelor of Science, Training Development, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Building Construction (A.A.) Lively Technical/Community College,
- Certificate of Advanced Study (Project Zero) Harvard University,
- Certificate of Study (Multiple Intelligence) Post-Doctoral
Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- Certificate for Career, Technical, and Adult Education License, State of Mississippi, Southaven, MS
- Memphis, TN, Leadership Institute